In order to register you must create a user account on the website, where you will have access to all information regarding the state of your registration. User data from the 2018/2021 congress remains valid for this edition. If you already have an account, please use the same credentials.
To create a new account, click LOGIN on the upper right corner of the congress homepage.
- Select “Create new account” and fill out the form with your personal data. You will receive a confirmation email to activate your new account – check your inbox and, if the email has not arrived, your junk, trash, or spam folders
- Click on the link included in the e-mail to activate your account
- You can now login using your credentials: e-mail address + chosen password
IMPORTANT: creating an account does not complete your registration in the conference!
To carry out the registration you must select the REGISTRATION tab and use the login credentials to enter your personal area.
Follow the instructions. The registration will be completed when all fees are payed. If you have any further questions, please contact the organizers via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about all important dates here. Information about registration fees can be found here.
For authors with accepted communication/poster the registration payment should be made until (date available soon). The communications or posters of authors that didn’t pay until that date may not be included in the programme.
If you pay your registration, but for some reason can’t make it to the congress we will refund, but only if that request comes until the 15th of February 2023.
Yes. Even though the congress requires a single author/co-author to register in order for the abstract to be submitted to the review process, registration is mandatory for those wishing to attend the congress.
Payments should be made with credit or debit card. If, for any reason, you are unable to use this method, please contact the organization via e-mail at email@example.com.
To issue an invoice/receipt please fill in the requested information after payment, selecting the Transfer Receipt option: enter the name of the recipient person or institution; taxpayer number; address of the person or institution and country.
Please be advised that invoices are automatically generated based on the data entered upon registration and once issued cannot be changed.
The invoice will become available in your personal area.
To submit abstracts, you must have an account on the website – on how to create an account, see 1.
Note: Before submitting your abstract, carefully read the submission rules and visit all available thematic areas and sections.
To submit your proposal:
- LOGIN to your personal area using your chosen e-mail address and password
- Select the ABSTRACTS tab
- Select the “Submit” option and fill in all the required fields
You can participate in a maximum of three submissions, but can submit no more than two abstracts as first author (i.e., two submissions as single author; one submission as single author and another as first author of a collective proposal; or two submissions as first author of collective proposals).
See 5 for further submission rules.
Abstracts should be submitted by the authors on the XII Congress website by November 7th 2022.
In the abstract submission is mandatory to fill in all the fields:
1.Thematic Area/Section (see thematic list and calls)
2. Type of presentation (you can choose communication or poster)
4.Abstract (between 1750 to 2500 characters without spaces)
6. If there is more than one author, indicate the respective order, names, institutional affiliation and email addresses.
Abstracts may be submitted in Portuguese, Castilian (Spanish), English or French;
You will be informed of the results of the abstract evaluation via e-mail until December 3rd, 2022. The type of submission will become available in your personal area of the website. Possible results are as follows:
- Presentation submission accepted in the TA/TS
- Poster submission accepted in the TA/TS
- Presentation submission not accepted in the TA/TS
- Poster submission not accepted in the TA/TS
- Presentation submission accepted, on condition of conversion to poster in the TA/TS.
It may also occur that reviewers consider a proposal better suited to a different Thematic Area/Section than the one originally submitted to; in this case, the submission will be redirected to the new Thematic Area/Section, in order to be evaluated there.
You do not need to send us the full paper before the congress.
After the congress, a new call and review phase for the proceedings of the XII Portuguese Congress of Sociology will be opened; at that time, all participants will have the opportunity to submit their final paper. The submission guidelines will be made available on the website in due time.
All information on presentations can be viewed here.
- Oral presentations should last approximately 12 minutes. This time may vary depending on the number of presentations included in the session. On average, each session will include 5 presentations.
- There is no limit to the number of slides. Authors are encouraged to take their presentation length into account to avoid programming delays.
- The use of digital media is not required.
Posters will be digitally displayed using PDF A1 format.
Posters must be submitted online in pdf format (upload on the congress website). Deadline will be announced.
Required contents and recommendations
- Posters must contain the following information in the identification area:
- XII Portuguese Congress of Sociology -Coimbra - April 4-6, 2023
- Study/project title
- Name(s)/Academic Titles of the authors
- Institutional affiliation of the authors
- E-mail address
The following information is recommended in the content area, in the order given:
- Bibliographical references (when applicable)
- Final note on funding sources (where applicable)
Display and presentation
The posters should be made in PDF A1 format.
Online posters will be displayed in its proper place and identified.
The in person posters will be presented in a room with PPTx of 1 page.
The posters will be included in the on line edition of the minutes.
You do not need to send us the full paper before the congress.
After the congress, a new call and review phase for the proceedings of the XI Portuguese Congress of Sociology will be opened; at that time, all participants will have the opportunity to submit their final paper. The submission guidelines will be made available on the website in due time.
After the congress, the proceedings will be published in digital format, including individual DOI. Abstract acceptance and presentation at the congress do not guarantee publication in the proceedings. Texts will undergo an evaluation and selection process conducted by the current area/section coordinators together with the new coordinators who, in the meantime, will have been selected through the electoral process for the Thematic Sections that will take place after the congress. The base criteria for the evaluation process will replicate those used by the SOCIOLOGY ON LINE journal.
In addition, an online book of abstracts (without ISSN/DOI) containing all the presentations delivered during the congress will be made available.
The area/section coordinators will select their areas’ best papers, which will be included in a special/thematic issue of the SOCIOLOGIA ON LINE journal, if the authors agree.
Refunds are only made in case of cancelations communicated until the 20th of February 2023
powered by eventQualia